BCC Software is growing! We are always on the lookout for motivated new talent to add to our team. As a leader in the constantly changing postal and data quality markets, we're seeking creative and flexible people that are ready to help shape the future of our industry. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
BCC Software is an established Rochester, NY based company with a track record of success. You may not have heard of us, but almost everyone involved in producing direct marketing has. We power thousands of companies outreach efforts with our hosted and installed solutions that improve nearly 40 billion of the direct communications sent in the United States each year. We’re working on our next generation of products, and we need your help. We’re looking for talented people to join our team and contribute to building our vision for the future. If you’re a talented professional looking for the freedom to solve for for the challenges of tomorrow while enjoying the security a successful 35 year old company can provide, we would love to invite you over to our office for a chat.
To submit your resume for specific position, or general consideration, please use the form below.
Human Resources Manager
This position partners with employees at all levels of the organization to provide support and consultation in the key disciplines of Human Resources. The incumbent must be focused on providing excellent internal customer service, driving organizational change, and supporting initiatives and programs that will drive the strategic direction of the HR function.
- Ensures compliance in all areas of Human Resources, by researching new laws and developments, writing policies, ensuring compliance, and educating employees and managers
- Oversees and manages all aspects of the employee benefit programs, including administration, vendor management, compliance and communication of benefit programs and policies
- Leads onboarding efforts including full cycle recruiting, hiring and new hire orientation program
- Develops, recommends and implements new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Consults with and advises management on addressing employee performance and conduct issues in accordance with defined policies and procedures and state/federal law
- Guides the creation of and administers the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization
- Works with the Executive Leadership Team on organizational planning, staffing needs, employee development, and other human resources services
- Oversees the planning and implementation of employee events, including service awards and Social Committee
- Maintains confidential filing system for all personnel records and files
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, with a concentration in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 10 years progressive human resources experience
- SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP or other related certifications desired
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong computer skills
- Hands-on HR professional who can work well independently in a small professional services environment
As a member of our Agile team, the Scrum Master plays an integral role in delivering innovative and inspiring solutions for our diverse client base. This person is expected to guide and coach teams and the organization on scrum practices by leading, guiding, and supporting the scrum process. A successful Scrum Master at BCC Software is able to be a true servant leader and facilitator of team meetings, solid team decision maker, and build team maturity. This role requires demonstrated experience working with cross functional team members with a goal to protect the team from interruptions and maintain focus on defined sprint goals.
- You will bring skills and expertise on tools and techniques to help the team absorb scrum practices, principles, values and roles
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, specifically Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retro and Sprint Review/Demo sessions for the teams
- Facilitate and lead individual Scrum teams in all aspects of Scrum: daily standups, planning, self-organization, collaboration & iterative development
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and help drive them towards continuous Agile improvement by leveraging techniques such as Maturity assessments
- Collaborate with other team members to create, maintain, and promote consistent Agile practices across all teams within the organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication by providing Agile metrics and reporting, improving transparency, and radiating information through burn up and burn down charts as well as other means
- Support and educate the Product Owner, stakeholders, and product management in Agile principles and practices, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide team related feedback to management to ensure the teams are working efficiently and effectively
- 1 to 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience using Agile-tracking tools (Jira, Rally, Version One or similar tool)
- Knowledge and experience with advanced Agile techniques such as: TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or related certification strongly preferred)
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and team player
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and negotiate and work effectively with groups/team dynamic
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
Content Developer and Training Administrator
This position is responsible for developing internal/external training content and business documentation. In addition, this individual acts as the training administrator for learning management functions including technology, collateral and processes.
Training Content Development
- Researches, designs and creates training content including but not limited to, training workbooks, ELS, webinars, e-learning, and audio/video training. This also includes evaluating content, formatting, proof reading, and archiving.
- Applies principles of graphic, instructional, user-interface and information design to create appropriate, web-based interactive training materials based on the audience needs.
- Designs interactive objects that teach concepts, procedures, or applied knowledge.
- Provides content for standard and customized training services for BCC products and services to meet internal and external customer requirements via onsite or web-based delivery.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery methodology.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Maintains Technical Resource page in the Customer Portal.
- Create/maintain new hire training materials supporting the four pillars for all functional areas of BCC Software
- Work with Human Resources to develop and implement training curriculum for internal departments.
Business Content Development
- Create and maintain all business continuity plans (BCP) and supporting documentation, such as templates, polices, procedures, and training material to ensure the continuity of business.
- Work with IT/Enterprise/DMS to further develop our Disaster Recovery plan to complement our BCP.
- Work with IT/Enterprise in creating required documentation to support security related initiatives including SOC II audits and customer security assessments.
- Work with managers to create, maintain and archive BCC policies, procedures and business forms.
- Administrate all LMS and webinar support tools including but not limited to Adobe Connect, Captivate Prime, WebEx and eInspired Learning.
- Research and implement mandatory security, harassment and BCP training tools.
- Schedule training workshops and manage registrations using event management tools in Adobe Connect, follow up with customers as required.
- Work with Marketing to create training collateral for advertising.
- Ensures operation of training equipment by maintaining equipment integrity, equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and technologies.
- Performs various assignments as needed assisting management in accomplishing training objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communications or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of technical documentation experience. Experience focused on software applications and computer hardware preferred.
- General knowledge of LMS principals including administration and reporting.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Technical Communication Suite (FrameMaker, Captivate and Acrobat).
- Experience in Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery or IT security a plus.
Software Engineer Lvl II
- Assists in the clarification of product requirements with Product Management by participating in discussions to understand what is being requested.
- Contributions are well written and adequately communicate complex engineering issues, while accounting for side effects of the proposed change.
- Capable of taking a proposed change and seeing it through to the end.
- Actively participates in engineering discussions to design the code changes.
- Will be the champion for new technology, processes, or best practices from other companies, industries or within the field of engineering.
- Identifies critical issues in a timely manner.
- Initiates and promotes discussion within the team providing valuable information without prompting.
- Asks questions, identifies problematic code, and suggests improvements to ensure delivery of a high quality product.
- Reviews and provides feedback on test plans and user documentation.
Software Engineering Discipline:
- Works effectively with in-house development tools to quickly answer questions, reproduce problems, identify possible work-arounds, and fix errors in their area of responsibility.
- Works with manager in setting priorities to ensure the most important issues are being dealt with first.
- Responsible for the implementation of new functionality, regulatory driven changes, and customer driven change requests for their area of responsibility.
- Strives to meet and improve coding standards while being open to feedback during code reviews and testing both at the unit and integration level.
- Participates in engineering discussions to promote cross-team knowledge transfer and improvement.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits, including 401(k) with company match, medical and dental insurance, vision insurance, and paid time off.
- No relocation packaged offered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field with 2 years of software development experience, or 4+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Works effectively with software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers, performance and profiling tools.
- Ability to work in an efficient and productive manner in order to help the team meet its goals.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing are essential.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn and adopt, Lean and Agile principles are a must.