BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
The Brand Marketing Specialist plays a vital role in the development and execution of BCC Software’s overall marketing efforts. This person is responsible for maintaining BCC Software’s brand and communicating that position throughout the industry to generate leads, grow existing customers, and support our direct and indirect sales channels. The role involves developing marketing copy for a variety of B2B marketing assets including (but not limited to) content related to both the company and the industry, brand-focused campaigns and supporting materials including landing pages, emails, print and digital ads, and tradeshow presentations in a tone that adheres to the company’s brand. The role is also responsible for coordination of tradeshow and event logistics, including registration, managing event-related deadlines, and coordinating the various aspects of successful events.
This role interacts directly with many internal stakeholders, so it is essential to be able to synthesize feedback from different sources, understand and prioritize projects, and communicate back to the Manager of Marketing Communications and rest of the marketing team.
This role’s primary responsibilities will include compiling a monthly customer electronic news bulletin, ad copywriting, email campaign writing, sales content collateral, web writing, copy editing, and social media management. These primary duties also include supporting multiple national business tradeshows and company’s annual user conference, working with internal and remote sales partners, and collaborating with OEM partners on monthly content projects.
This role requires an astute marketer possessing the ability to manage multiple writing projects with extreme detail. An ideal candidate can communicate effectively and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research, develop, and write content for brand-related print and web marketing campaigns that are clear, concise, relevant, and impactful.
- Work with the marketing team, designers, product innovation and alternative distribution channels to develop impactful and relevant marketing campaigns.
- Thoroughly understand style, tone, and voice guidelines for varied marketing initiatives according to target audiences; advocate for consistency of message.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Marketing Team members to produce creative and compelling marketing concepts.
- Amend, revise or customize existing content as needed.
- Adapt existing content for use across communication channels.
- Recommend improvements to the content of existing collateral, both written and video.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistical aspects of tradeshows, including event planning, booth staff coordination, and deadline management for materials, content, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Education and Experience
- 2-5 years of marketing, communications, and/or professional writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- B2B experience writing digital collateral, marketing campaign assets like emails, landing pages, and ads (including headlines and ad copy).
- Professional writing or copywriting experience with a focus on business products.
- CMS (WordPress) and marketing automation experience a plus.
- Event coordination experience a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal communication and proofreading skills.
- Firm understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Microsoft Outlook (Proficient skills in PowerPoint and/or other Adobe Suite software a plus).
- Maintain a high degree of team spirit, pitching in where needed and respecting all contributing members of the team.
- Generate solutions, not just identify problems.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently yet demonstrates team-oriented approach and understanding.
- Ability to respond to feedback in a timely manner and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored health plans to choose from
- Dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) for those that choose a high deductible health plan
- Company paid disability and life insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid time off, plus company paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement
For every penny saved on postage, we may be gaining another mailing from our client.
Jill Townsend, Square One
Seen as a resource for their customers, Square One needed a solution that would allow them to provide more services quicker without increasing labor hours.
Square One started using BCC Mail Manager LE, and as they expanded, easily upgraded to BCC Mail Manager and then BCC Mail Manager Full Service—a comprehensive solution that has made a big difference for the company.
- $500,000 growth in mailing services
- 70% increase in efficiency on variable mailings
- 249% increase in efficiency for letter/envelope mailing in less than six months’ time