BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
The Brand Marketing Specialist plays a vital role in the development and execution of BCC Software’s overall marketing efforts. This person is responsible for maintaining BCC Software’s brand and communicating that position throughout the industry to generate leads, grow existing customers, and support our direct and indirect sales channels. The role involves developing marketing copy for a variety of B2B marketing assets including (but not limited to) content related to both the company and the industry, brand-focused campaigns, and supporting materials including landing pages, emails, print and digital ads, and tradeshow presentations in a tone that adheres to the company’s brand. The role is also responsible for coordination of tradeshow and event logistics, including registration, managing event-related deadlines, and coordinating the various aspects of successful events.
This role interacts directly with many internal stakeholders, so it is essential to be able to synthesize feedback from different sources, understand and prioritize projects, and communicate back to the Manager of Marketing Communications and rest of the marketing team.
This role’s primary responsibilities will include compiling a monthly customer electronic news bulletin, ad copywriting, email campaign writing, sales content collateral, web writing, copy editing, and social media management. These primary duties also include supporting multiple national business tradeshows and company’s annual user conference, working with internal and remote sales partners, and collaborating with OEM partners on monthly content projects.
This role requires an astute marketer possessing the ability to manage multiple writing projects with extreme detail and provides the right individual with extensive latitude in helping to define the brand’s content creation strategy. An ideal candidate can communicate effectively and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Research, develop, and write content for brand-related print and web marketing campaigns that are clear, concise, relevant, and impactful.
- Work with the marketing team, designers, product innovation and alternative distribution channels to develop impactful and relevant marketing campaigns.
- Thoroughly understand style, tone, and voice guidelines for varied marketing initiatives according to target audiences; advocate for consistency of message.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Marketing Team members to produce creative and compelling marketing concepts.
- Amend, revise or customize existing content as needed.
- Adapt existing content for use across communication channels.
- Recommend improvements to the content of existing collateral, both written and video.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistical aspects of tradeshows, including event planning, booth staff coordination, and deadline management for materials, content, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- 2-5 years of marketing, communications, and/or professional writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- B2B experience writing digital collateral, marketing campaign assets like emails, landing pages, and ads (including headlines and ad copy).
- Professional writing or copywriting experience with a focus on business products.
- CMS (WordPress) and marketing automation experience a plus.
- Event coordination experience a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and proofreading skills.
- Firm understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Microsoft Outlook (Proficient skills in PowerPoint and/or other Adobe Suite software a plus).
- Maintain a high degree of team spirit, pitching in where needed, and respecting all contributing members of the team.
- Generate solutions, not just identify problems.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently yet demonstrates a team-oriented approach and understanding.
- Ability to respond to feedback in a timely manner and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.