The Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for all IT aspects of BCC Software’s Cloud and SaaS infrastructure and accompanied resources. The Cloud Administrator will act as the product owner for all cloud solutions and will is responsible for all cloud related tasks such as planning, design, management, support and maintenance.
This is a new position for BCC Software and an opportunity to partner with teammates, business leaders, vendors on alignment of cloud resources with the technical roadmaps.
- Act as BCC’s cloud services representative by providing consulting services to all departments with a focus on IT and Engineering.
- Manage and support all cloud-based resources including network infrastructure, software and hardware.
- Partner with security administrator to ensure all cloud-based applications and infrastructure are secure and we are leveraging features within the technology to minimize cyber risk for the business.
- Evangelize proposed cloud services technical solutions and standards across the organization and technology leadership.
- Respond and address cloud services helpdesk ticket requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Partner with IT network engineers on infrastructure decisions including backup solutions, firewall configurations, service providers, and network infrastructure configurations.
- Assist teams with managing cloud spend and budgets.
- Look for ways to leverage cloud services to resolve large business needs.
- Own SOC 2 Type 2 compliance process for cloud environment and resources.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical 24/7 services and solutions.
- Cloud computing undergraduate degree is preferred
- Azure or AWS Cloud certifications highly recommended
- 6+ years of supporting traditional networking technology and cloud/SaaS environments or similar experience
- 3+ years supporting MS Azure AD, O365, Intune and accompanied technology
- Familiarity with security controls and attestation reports related to cloud environment and services
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux and Unix computing environments
- Experience with cloud command line interfaces for Azure, AWS and O365
- Experience with commonly used virtualization tools and technology including Hyper-V or VMWare
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job can be done remotely with occasional in-office time (as determined by the manager) if located in the Rochester, NY area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position may require minimal or occasional travel to BCC headquarters in Rochester, NY or other locations for company events.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
For every penny saved on postage, we may be gaining another mailing from our client.
Jill Townsend, Square One
Seen as a resource for their customers, Square One needed a solution that would allow them to provide more services quicker without increasing labor hours.
Square One started using BCC Mail Manager LE, and as they expanded, easily upgraded to BCC Mail Manager and then BCC Mail Manager Full Service—a comprehensive solution that has made a big difference for the company.
- $500,000 growth in mailing services
- 70% increase in efficiency on variable mailings
- 249% increase in efficiency for letter/envelope mailing in less than six months’ time.