BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
The Customer Support Technician I is responsible for the daily support functions including providing accurate and courteous software support to BCC Software customers.
- Serve as the first line of contact and support for BCC Software’s customers in a telephone support environment.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of BCC Software’s Windows and Linux products. Attend training as required to keep current with products, technologies, and customer service-related skills.
- Assist customers with questions, problems, or technical issues with the company’s software products.
- Consult with customers regarding postal requirements and industry products.
- Troubleshoot customer problems, recommend resolution strategies, and ensure follow-up and optimal satisfaction with BCC Software’s products and services.
- Maintain documentation of all support related information in BCC’s CRM
- Work in a team environment and provide intra-departmental communication to complete customers’ support requests and to enhance BCC Software’s products and services.
- Assists with the development and presentation of ELS sessions
- Serve as a customer advocate to manage customer retention through building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Gather information from customers to understand the needs of the customer and match those needs to a service, product or offering that adds value to the customers’ business operations.
- Provide coverage to adequately support workload demands and staff schedules to maintain optimal customer support services.
- Assist with the development of training materials, presentations and other training initiatives. In addition, provide assistance to professional services.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Associates degree or equivalent education in a technical discipline is preferred but not required provided the candidate has demonstrated a track record of success.
- Professional or industry training in customer service and telephone skills. Experience in the mailing or printing industry is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and internal staff in a call center environment. Must maintain courteous and professional manner to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and have the ability to take a problem through resolution and beyond.
- Must demonstrate patience, good judgment, high energy and a general positive demeanor.
- Must be willing to work on a rotating schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM., M-F.
- Solid experience with Linux and all Windows operating systems. Experience with Microsoft Office, database management software, networks, and the Internet preferred.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored health plans to choose from
- Dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) for those that choose a high deductible health plan
- Company paid disability and life insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid time off, plus company paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement