Rochester, NY Corporate Office
BCC Software is looking for a talented Data Engineer to help us continue scaling the foundation for our growing services offerings. This position will play a key role in helping us achieve our strategic objectives of turning our market-leading data services into a robust BI platform. We are looking for like-minded, progressive engineers with experience in building, maintaining, and scaling data management technologies powering multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications in a fully agile environment. This requires a well-rounded engineer capable of solving technical challenges to continuously evolve our existing well-established technology while integrating new technology to meet our goals. To succeed in this position, the candidate must have strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience working with large data sets, consuming them from multiple sources, aggregating and optimizing them for advanced customer-facing analytics.
- Design and develop performant and scalable data structures to power processing, reporting, and analytics areas of our SaaS customer offerings
- Work closely with DBAs, Architects, Software Engineers, and IT on positioning our data management systems for both performance and scale
- Develop software with all its related activities
- Develop/review code as well as writing unit tests
- Estimate/size stories
- Test own and the work of others
- Document and collaborate on all assigned Sprint activities
- Meet individual as well as your team’s commitments
- Deliver results on a consistent basis in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Mentor other team members on best practices of working with large data sets
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of Database Development, Design & Architecture, Data Analytics and Warehousing
- Highly technical expert-level knowledge with hands-on experience of working with MS SQL Server (or like) RDBMS
- Experience with non-relational databases is a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft C#/.Net in a SaaS type environment
- Proven track record of developing, maintaining, and scaling data structures/processes/platforms to power customer-facing web applications and services with a high degree of concurrency and large data sets
- Actively practiced software engineering Agile methodology of consistently delivering results
- Experienced in BI-type solutions (Tableau preferred), understanding of its components as well as how to configure/tune them to achieve optimally performing customer-facing visualizations and reports is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
For every penny saved on postage, we may be gaining another mailing from our client.
Jill Townsend, Square One
Seen as a resource for their customers, Square One needed a solution that would allow them to provide more services quicker without increasing labor hours.
Square One started using BCC Mail Manager LE, and as they expanded, easily upgraded to BCC Mail Manager and then BCC Mail Manager Full Service—a comprehensive solution that has made a big difference for the company.
- $500,000 growth in mailing services
- 70% increase in efficiency on variable mailings
- 249% increase in efficiency for letter/envelope mailing in less than six months’ time.