Rochester, NY Corporate Office
BCC Software is looking for a talented Full Stack .Net Software Engineer to support our growing services technology. You will play a key role in helping us achieve our strategic objectives of turning our market-leading data services into a robust BI platform. We are looking for like-minded, progressive engineers with experience in building, maintaining, and scaling multi-tenant large-scale enterprise SaaS applications in a fully agile environment. This requires a well-rounded engineer capable of solving technical challenges to continuously evolve our existing well-established technology while integrating new technology to meet our goals.
- Develop software with all its related activities including:
- Developing/reviewing code as well as writing unit tests
- Estimating/sizing stories
- Testing your own and the work of others
- Documenting and collaborating on all assigned Sprint activities
- Meeting individual as well as your team’s commitments
- Delivering results on a consistent basis in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Work closely with Product Owners on requirements review, defining acceptance criteria as well as sizing/planning of user stories/epics/projects
- Be equally willing to support existing production applications as well as participate in the development of new solutions and initiatives
- Strong software engineering and proven experience in web development fundamentals
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience working on Software-as-a-Service applications
- Hands-on experience with:
- C# and .Net Framework
- MS SQL Server
- MVC Architecture, SOA
- Structured (SQL, XML, CSV) and unstructured data (NoSQL, JSON, text)
- Web Applications, Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Applying core security principals to developing for the Web
- Understanding of core networking principals and how they apply to the web development
- Experience with data warehousing is a plus
This job operates in a professional office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in an in-office environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
For every penny saved on postage, we may be gaining another mailing from our client.
Jill Townsend, Square One
Seen as a resource for their customers, Square One needed a solution that would allow them to provide more services quicker without increasing labor hours.
Square One started using BCC Mail Manager LE, and as they expanded, easily upgraded to BCC Mail Manager and then BCC Mail Manager Full Service—a comprehensive solution that has made a big difference for the company.
- $500,000 growth in mailing services
- 70% increase in efficiency on variable mailings
- 249% increase in efficiency for letter/envelope mailing in less than six months’ time.