Product Managers at BCC Software are responsible for one or more products and related services that form or support a defined line of business. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
This Product Manager position is particularly focused on identifying ways to leverage the company’s core competencies to build new solutions that address adjacent markets. Building products from existing ideas and helping in developing new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects is required. Spending time in the market to understand problems, opportunities, and find innovative solutions for the broader market is key.
This position also serves as the internal and external evangelist for the product; often working with the sales channel and key customers. In addition to the strategic component, the Product Manager serves as the Product Owner on our agile development teams, working to prioritize and clarify work to execute upon approved projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drives solutions set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develops and implements a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzes potential partner relationships for the product.
- Provides industry thought leadership relative to your respective products.
- Conducts regular win/loss follow up calls with customers and prospects.
- Assists Marketing Communications and Sales in preparing customer Case Studies and applicable press releases.
- Effectively Communicates to all departments and customers
- Works with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements
- Works with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, related field and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical “savvy”, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (20% or less)
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored health plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for those that choose a high deductible health plan
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid time off, plus company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement