The Quality Assurance Engineer is focused on making sure that only quality products reach our customers. To be successful in this position, the candidate should be able to quickly pick up product functionality, have a customer-focused testing mindset and often work under pressure of regulatory release cycles that BCC Software must meet on the regular basis. They should be familiar with working in an agile team environment.
- Manage and verify assigned testing tasks across various projects and teams
- Maintain testing environments, including virtual machines and test servers
- Write detailed and reproducible defect reports
- Communicate testing process through detailed documentation
- Maintain testing tools across a variety of processes
- Create and execute manual and automated test cases with plans for functionality, regression, and compatibility
- Be involved with planning, sizing, and execution of sprint stories/tasks
- Work closely with developers and product owners on technical and functional behaviors of features/functionality under development
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of software testing experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter/fast learner
- Detail oriented, analytical, methodical, systematic thinker
- Understanding of software development concepts
- Experience using a variety of test tools and techniques
- JIRA experience a plus
- Web service testing experience a plus
- Major pluses
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with USPS regulations and testing products in this space
- Experience testing web applications and services
This position does not have any supervisor responsibility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.