The Senior .NET Software Engineer will be responsible for developing secure, scalable applications to support BCC Software’s enterprise and back-office technology. This role will play a crucial part in developing, supporting, and enhancing BCC Software’s .NET technology including Customer Portal, E-Commerce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, modules, and APIs. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who is willing and able to support current technology but leverage their experience to build the technology foundation of the future.
- Develop and maintain customized back-office solutions that meet BCC Software’s success criteria and business objectives.
- Design, configure, update, test and deploy back-office applications.
- Provide technical guidance in data analysis, data gathering and system design.
- Serve as subject matter expert and lead developer for larger projects.
- Collaborate with development and design teams to create functional and intuitive applications.
- Manage security requirements and enterprise architecture, process, and procedures.
- Assist with integrating Microsoft CRM applications with other enterprise applications, as required.
- Review requirements, specifications, test, support, and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives, specifically in accordance to the overall back-office architecture.
- Assist with technical training, coaching and support of end users of back office system when needed.
- Proven experience with 5 or more years as a .NET Developer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM development or equivalent CRM technology preferred but not required.
- E-commerce development experience.
- Experience integrating with third-party tools to increase additional functionality is a plus.
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise business applications using Microsoft .NET.
- A demonstrated understanding of application system, database development and design.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.