BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
This full stack developer is part of an Agile team in which they are expected to use their engineering skills to architect, design, prototype, code, test and document our technology and product offerings. As an Agile team member, this person will be passionately engaged, take ownership of their work, and collaborate with their team members to get the job done. They will continuously learn and grow their skills and their team’s by taking on a leadership role in technology and process advancement through mentoring others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Champion new technology, processes, and best practices.
- Be accountable for yourself, your team and the success of the business.
- Help leaders establish the right priorities and keep the team focused to complete them.
- Initiate and promote discussion providing valuable information without prompting.
- Formulate requirements with Product Management and author their design.
- Facilitate design and implementation discussions with your Agile team creating manageable tasks.
- Take a proposed change and own it through to its completion.
- Works effectively with in-house development tools while continuously searching for newer/better tools.
- Strives to meet and improve coding standards while being open to feedback during code reviews and testing both at the unit and integration level.
- Drive a high-quality product by providing feedback on design, code, test plans and user documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Solid understanding and effective skills using software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers, performance and profiling tools.
- Facilitates and supports teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge and adoption of Lean and Agile principles.
Candidates must have knowledge/experience with the following:
- Languages: C++, C#, VB, Python
- Tools: .NET, HTML, SQL, Git/GitLab
- OSes: Windows, Linux
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite
- Processes/Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, SOCII, OODP, OSI, SOA
*Not mandatory but a plus:
- Languages: Java, Lazarus, Delphi
- Tools: Zero MQ, VMWare
- OSes: AIX
- Databases: dBase, ODBC, Oracle, NoSQL
- Technologies: PHP, Cloud services
* May currently be in use or represent items we our interested in pursuing. We are always looking to learn and grow.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored health plans to choose from
- Dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) for those that choose a high deductible health plan
- Company paid disability and life insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid time off, plus company paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement