The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for consistently solving technical challenges working in an Agile team environment. The Senior Engineer should be equally capable and willing to work on existing well-established as well as new Software as a Service solution offerings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop software with all its related activities of:
- estimating/sizing stories
- developing/reviewing code as well as writing unit tests
- testing your own and the work of others
- documenting and collaborating on all assigned Sprint activities
- meeting individual as well as your team’s commitments
- delivering results on a consistent basis in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Champion new technology, processes, and best practices
- Work closely with Product Owners on requirements review, defining acceptance criteria as well as sizing/planning of user stories/epics/projects
- Be a key contributor to your own team while also being a voice in a much larger engineering organization capable of working on projects that span multiple teams and geographic regions
- Own the problem and not just individual tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 12 years of software development experience with Microsoft technology stack including C#, .Net Framework/Core, VB .Net, MS SQL Server, Visual Studio
- Hands-on experience with automated unit testing and function mocking frameworks
- Solid understanding and effective skills using software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers, performance, and profiling tools
- Understanding and working knowledge of database concepts (relational, document or text-based) including design, scale, and performance tuning
- Well-versed in core web application security principles as well as their practical application across web applications and services
- Experience with CI/CD operating principals
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem-solving
- Major pluses:
- Knowledge of USPS sorting regulations
- Past technical/team leadership roles
- Linux environment familiarity
This position does not have any supervisor responsibility
This job operates in a professional in-office or remote environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in an in-office environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.