The Senior Technical Communications team at BCC Software has an opening for a technical writer who has excellent technical writing skills and the ability to self-manage. BCC Software is the leading postal and data services software solutions provider, with 40 years of industry experience providing software products and marketing solutions to support the latest USPS® software tools and regulations.
- Create and maintain written and/or visual technical content that is concise, complete, clear, accurate, easy to navigate, and appropriate for the audience's level of technical proficiency.
- Write effectively for different audiences, including both developers and end users.
- Provide input on UI text and error messages.
- Identify content gaps and create actionable plans to resolve those gaps.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders to define documentation requirements and deliver according to plan.
- Review and revise technical content from other departments, such as Marketing, Support, and Fulfillment, as needed.
- Manage workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Contribute to defining internal processes and frameworks for technical content creation
- 4+ years of experience developing customer information resources for software users.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience producing content for diverse mediums, including web sites, context-sensitive Help within desktop applications, PDFs, and video.
- Experience with content authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and technical communications content models and style guides.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and best practices for web content.
- Project management skills to scope deliverables and prioritize work items appropriately, both independently and in conjunction with team.
- Flexible, adaptable, and self-motivated work style.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices within the Technical Communications profession.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience using JIRA or other team tracking framework.
- Experience working with source control and CMS.
- Experience with Information Architecture.
- Experience in authoring API documentation and content for developers.
- Experience producing diagrams and illustrations in support of technical content.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.