The Software Engineer will provide development support for BCC’s expanding enterprise and back-office technologies. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented, pay close attention to detail, and have strong analytical skills. This role requires in-depth knowledge and experience developing and maintaining back-office applications for a software organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Builds customized back-office solutions that meet BCC’s success criteria and business objectives.
- Designs, configures, updates, tests, and maintains back-office applications.
- Conducts acceptance testing against business requirements.
- Performs functional testing, integration testing, performance and regression testing as needed.
- Diagnoses, reports, tracks, and assists in resolving quality issues.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure consistent coding practices
- Manages security requirements through Software Development Life Cycle.
- Assists with integrating MS CRM applications with other enterprise applications, as required.
- Provides technical guidance in data analysis, data gathering, and system design.
- Participates in business process modeling sessions.
- Reviews requirements, specifications, test, support, and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives, specifically in accordance to the overall back-office architecture.
- Assists with technical training, coaching, and support of end users of back office system.
- Works with Business Continuity and Security Teams to ensure we have an appropriate strategy for maintaining business functions in the event of a disaster and we meet BCC’s security standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, mathematics, engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM development or equivalent CRM technology preferred.
- In-depth understanding of sales, marketing, business processes, and how they relate to the business software.
- A demonstrated understanding of application system, database development and design.
- Ability to work effectively with changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience integrating with third-party tools to increase additional functionality is a plus.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.