BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
Software Engineers assist in the implementation, support, and maintenance of source code for a software application or a subsystem of an application under the supervision of a mentor. Performs analysis of input and output data along with reports to ensure features and functionality are working correctly based on product requirements and design. Works with Quality Control, Documentation, and Customer Support under supervision to answer questions and issues concerning product functionality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acquire a solid understanding of the features and functionality of the product they are assigned to. Capable of interpreting a described situation and setting up the product and supporting data to reproduce it. Capable of reviewing the results of the product to determine if they are correct.
- Acquire a solid understanding of in-house development tools including but not limited to compilers, linkers, debuggers, source code control, issue tracking, and profiling tools for memory leak detection, execution performance, and code coverage.
- Works under the direction of their manager and mentor to implement bug fixes, enhancements and new functionality. Discussing the appropriate fix, necessary unit and integration testing, expected results, and internal documentation of the changes made.
- Acquire a solid understanding of the in-house development process including SEL, coding standards, code reviews, and enhancement and incident tracking.
- Attends code reviews for the team to gain a better understanding of the product along with the identification of issues and errors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Entry level position, previous software development experience is highly recommended.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Working knowledge of software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers.
- Ability to learn from “hands-on” work, your mentor, and from others on the team.
- Willingness to work in a cooperative team environment.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored Health Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for those that choose a High Deductible Health Plan
- Company paid Life and Accident Insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- Company paid Enhanced Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid Time Off, plus Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement