The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, support, testing, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing SaaS solutions and offerings in an agile type of environment. They will perform research, system analysis, implementation and gap analysis of the requirements, scalability testing and change requests that affect their area of responsibility. Working closely with Quality Assurance, Product, Technical Communications, and Customer Support to address questions and issues concerning product functionality will be essential to succeed in this role.
- Develop software with all its related activities of:
- estimating/sizing stories
- developing/reviewing code as well as writing unit tests
- testing your own and the work of others
- documenting and collaborating on all assigned Sprint activities
- meeting individual as well as your team’s commitments
- delivering results on a consistent basis in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Be an active participant in developer level design/implementation discussions and advocate well-grounded improvements without prompting ensure delivery of a high-quality product
- Work closely with Product Owners on requirements review, defining acceptance criteria as well as sizing/planning of user stories/epics/projects
- Be a key contributor to your own team while also being a voice in a much larger Engineering organization capable of working on projects that span multiple teams and geographic regions
- Work equally well in in-office and telecommute settings
- Troubleshoot production issues when necessary
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing Software-as-a-Service applications utilizing Microsoft technology stack including but not limited to C#, .Net Framework/Core, VB .Net, MS SQL Server, Visual Studio
- Practical experience using software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers, performance and profiling tools
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable knowledge of working with relational databases specifically MS SQL Server
- Understanding of web application security principals as well as their practical application when making design and implementation choices
- Experience with CI/CD environments and their operating principals within SDLC
- Major pluses:
- Linux environment familiarity
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.