The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Finance Manager for financial closings, accounts receivable, bi-weekly payroll, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and backup to the accounts payable function.
- Process daily invoices
- Collections on past-due accounts
- Communicate with customers about billing discrepancies and questions
- Payment plans and special billing
- Process employee data changes, including new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, and direct deposits timely and accurately
- Ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
- Process biweekly payroll accurately and efficiently
- Resolve payroll discrepancies
- Perform monthly benefit reconciliations to ensure payroll deductions and plans match
Month End Close & Other Duties:
- Compile, enter and post journal entries in a timely & accurate manner
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Account variance analysis
- Backup/Support to Accounts Payable function
- Other special projects and business initiatives as assigned
- BS Accounting degree with 4+ years related experience
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and ADP a plus
- Ability to communicate well cross-functionally with all levels of management and a commitment to excellent customer service, internally and externally
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work, gets involved in the details, enjoys collaborating with others, and always wants to become the subject-matter expert in all areas of their job responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.