The Tableau Data Visualization Engineer will be responsible for building interactive visualizations using Tableau to tie various data points from multiple sources to create compelling and meaningful customer-facing dashboards and reports. A high level of data analytics as well as technical bench strength to work with multiple data sources based on SQL, NoSQL, Textual databases will be required to succeed in this position. The Tableau Data Visualization Engineer will be part of a Software Engineering team focused on BI and work closely with product management to collectively deliver state-of-the-art analytics software & solutions to BCC Software’s customer base.
- Create responsive dashboards, reports, and visualization in Tableau.
- Design and develop performant and scalable Data Sources from SQL, Textual or NoSQL databases to power Tableau visualizations.
- Be a key contributor in our efforts to position BI customer-facing solutions for growth.
- Work in an agile team environment to deliver results on a consistent iterative basis.
- Communicate and keep your team up to date in daily standup meetings, hallway conversations, online team chats, and via documenting your work.
- Participate in planning and sizing activities.
- Influence product direction by Review requirements & provide feedback to product owners.
- Demonstrably experienced in any of the fields of Software Engineering/Architecture, Data Analytics, Big Data, or Database Development/Warehousing.
- Highly skilled in developing Tableau visualizations.
- Experienced in scaling Tableau server(s), understanding of its components as well as how to configure and tuning them to achieve optimally performing visualizations.
- Highly technical with hands-on experience of working with MS SQL Server or like relational and/or non-relational databases; Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft C#/.Net framework is a definite plus.
- Actively practiced software engineering agile methodology of consistently delivering results.
This position does not have any supervisor responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.