Performs the planning, development, and execution of automated product testing to verify the stability and usability of the product. Activities include the development and maintenance of a standardized test automation framework. Work with the Quality Team to integrate manual tests into a centralized automation system. Performs research and analysis on current testing methods to improve and automate those methods. Works with Software Engineering teams to address testing considerations and issues. Capable of working productively with limited supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews, researches, and analyzes manual and current scripted tests to include in an automated testing framework.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of test strategies, methodologies, and procedures, as well as scripting languages, development tools, and data extraction, transformation, and loading functionality.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of in-house test tools, scripts, and test drivers.
- Capable of developing an effective and re-usable testing approach that supports both current and future product development cycles.
- Determines testable aspects and necessary test inputs/outputs using design documentation, past error trends, and other resources.
- Design automation to include current and new test cases and procedures to exercise new or modified product functionality for moderately complex features.
- Constructs automated and/or manual scripts as required to support repeatable test execution.
- Design automation to evaluate product inputs, outputs, product interface interaction, and other information from the perspective of the end user.
- Design automation to report out on errors or quality risks to Quality Team members.
- Provides technical and user support on automation system by researching, troubleshooting and resolving any issues. Provide possible work-arounds to expedite reported incidents.
- Actively participates in the review of product requirements, design reviews, and test plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to enhance expertise and remain current with evolving subject matter domains. Identifies areas for process improvement.
- Establishes strong internal networks within the organization, capable of mentoring, assists with the training of new employees, and promotes the acceptance of new technologies and ideas.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field. Associates degree in information technology or related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines working under time and resource constraints.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing are essential.
Special Skills and Abilities
- Languages: Python, C++
- Tools: SQL, VMWare, GIT, Jira
- OSes: Windows, Linux, AIX
- Databases: RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite
- Technologies: JSON, XML
- Processes/Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Lean, SOCII, CMMI, TQMS
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored Health Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for those that choose a High Deductible Health Plan
- Company paid Life and Accident Insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- Company paid Enhanced Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid Time Off, plus Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement