Performs the planning, development, and execution of software product testing to verify the stability and use-ability of the product. Activities include the design and creation of test plans along with the construction of test cases and corresponding test procedures. Performs research and product analysis of input and output to verify that features and functionality are performing according to requirements and customer expectations. Works with Product Management, Software Engineers, Documentation, and Customer Support to resolve product functionality questions and issues. Capable of working productively with limited supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews, researches, and analyzes product requirements to extract the functional test requirements for new functionality.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of product features, functionality, and common end-user scenarios. Comfortable working with multiple data formats. Capable of interpreting a described scenario; configuring the product along with supporting data required to reproduce a specific scenario.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of in-house test tools, scripts, and test drivers, as well as operating systems supported by the product.
- Formulates test strategies and methodologies. Capable of developing an effective and re-usable testing approach that supports both current and future product development cycles.
- Determines testable aspects and necessary test inputs/outputs using design documentation, past error trends, and other resources.
- Designs test cases and procedures to exercise new or modified product functionality for moderately complex features.
- Constructs test cases, test procedures, and automated and/or manual scripts as required to support repeatable test execution. May design and code test harnesses to support test automation.
- Independently evaluates product use-ability, outputs, product interface interaction, and product documentation from the perspective of the customer. Analyzes the product’s behavior and output using product and industry knowledge to determine accuracy and correctness of results. Identifies errors or concerns and documents the steps required to recreate.
- Provides technical support to Customer Support to research and resolve customer questions, issues, or provide possible work-arounds to reported incidents.
- Actively participates in the review of product requirements, design reviews, and test plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to enhance expertise and remain current with evolving subject matter domains. Identifies areas for process improvement.
- Establishes strong internal networks within the organization, capable of mentoring, assists with the training of new employees, and promotes the acceptance of new technologies and ideas.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field. Associates degree in information technology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines working under time and resource constraints.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing are essential.
Special Skills and Abilities
- Languages: Python, C++
- Tools: SQL, VMWare, GIT, Jira
- OSes: Windows, Linux, AIX
- Databases: RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite
- Technologies: JSON, XML
- Processes/Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Lean, SOCII, CMMI, TQMS
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored health plans to choose from
- Dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) for those that choose a high deductible health plan
- Company paid disability and life insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid time off, plus company paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement