Informed Delivery FAQ
Informed Delivery is a relatively new service from the USPS, which provides residents email notifications with scanned images of what they will be receiving in their mailbox that day.
Informed Delivery has the power to further enhance the influence of mail and the mail moment. There are currently about 3 million program subscribers.
Listen to “Lien In: The Power of Informed Delivery” to hear more about Informed Delivery first-hand from industry experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I subscribe and start using Informed Delivery? Answer: According to the USPS Informed Delivery website, your ability to sign up for Informed Delivery is dependent on living at an eligible residential address and the ability to verify your identity. You will also need to create a personal usps.com account if you do not already have one. To sign up, follow these instructions:
- Go to informeddelivery.usps.com
- Click on “View My Mail”
- If you already have a personal usps.com account, sign in. If not, create an account.
- Once signed in, go to My Preferences. Under Account Management, you will see a box for Informed Delivery. Click “Manage Your Mail.” Please note: If you do not see Informed Delivery in My Preferences, it is likely that Informed Delivery is not available at your address. Please check if Informed Delivery has reached your area by using the ZIP Code lookup tool on the USPS website.
- Opt in to Informed Delivery by selecting the check box, and confirm your address
- Complete the identity verification process (if you have no already done so)
- Click the blue “Informed Delivery” button to continue to your dashboard
Question: What is the cost for Informed Delivery? Answer: Informed Delivery is free for USPS customers and carries no additional charge for Mail Service Providers (MSPs).
Question: How do I use it? Answer: You can view your mailpieces in a daily email sent to your address, your online dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com where you can see that day plus the previous six days, or the USPS mobile app, available for both Apple and Android devices.
Question: What is the app called? Answer: The app is called “Informed” and it is available for download through both iTunes and Google Play.
Questions: Can the digital content be personalized? Answer: By default, images of the mailpieces are grayscale. However, colored images of mailpieces can be provided. Colored images will also show up at the top of the email for consumers. The USPS recommends bold, clear call-to-action statements for better response rates.
Question: When will Informed Delivery be available for Flats or Periodicals? Answer: Currently, the USPS does not image flats and periodicals. However, they do support representative images for both to be included in the Informed Delivery notifications.
Question: Is Informed Delivery available for businesses? Answer: Informed Delivery currently only provides residents their mail notifications, and is not available for B2B usage.
Question: When will Informed Delivery be available for P.O. boxes? Answer: The USPS is looking to expand Informed Delivery to P.O. Box customers in the future.
Question: How do I learn more about Informed Delivery? Answer: For more information, visit https://informeddelivery.usps.com.
The USPS is looking for feedback from consumers and MSPs alike. Please visit their website to provide feedback on this service and what you would like to see in the future.
Informed Delivery will be available through BCC Software's Mail Manager beginning mid-August. Get more details and to learn how you can utilize this tool here.