Per an Industry Alert from the USPS® on March 11, 2019:
Effective April 1, 2019, CAPS will not be supported for accounts that are fully EPS eligible.
The Postal Service has launched a new payment processing platform called Enterprise Payment System (EPS). EPS supports multiple payment options including mobile check deposit, offers more reporting features, and allows customers to manage multiple USPS business functions under one account.
Eligible Products and Services include First-Class Mail®, Letters, Cards, and Flats, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, USPS Marketing Mail™, Letters, Flats, and Parcels, Parcel Select®, Media Mail®, Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Periodicals, International Products, Business Reply Mail (BRM), Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM®), PO Box, Caller & Reserve Services (EPOBOL), USPS Automated Returns, and Address Quality Products (AEC, AECII and ACS™), submitted via hard copy, eDoc (Mail.dat/Mail.XML), Postal Wizard or the Intelligent Mail® small business (IMsb) Tool.
Products not currently supported include Electronic Verification System (eVS®), Parcel Return Service (PRS), PC Postage®, Official Mail Accounting System (OMAS), Premium Forwarding Service Commercial (PFSC™), Share Mail®, Intelligent Mail barcode Accounting (IMbA), iCAPS, Express Mail Corporate Accounts, Merchandise Return Service (MRS), Scan Based Payment (SBP), and Remaining Address Quality products. Customers utilizing these products and services will continue to be supported through CAPS.
- Customers who have a combination of eligible and non-eligible products and services will not be required to migrate until a future date.
- No new permits for EPS eligible products or services should be opened on CAPS after April 1st, 2019.
- Customers with CAPS accounts containing all EPS eligible products and services who are unable to migrate to EPS by the April 2019 cutoff date, must request and receive approval for an exception. For the EPS Migration Exception Request Form and Instructions visit PostalPro: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPSMigrationExceptionRequest
- Extension requests will be reviewed and approved by the Manager of Mail Entry and customers will be granted up to a 3 month extension.
- Customers who are granted the extension but do not complete their CAPS to EPS migration for eligible products and services by the extended July 1st deadline, will be required to open a Local Trust account which will need to be funded by depositing a check at the BMEU where the permit is located.
- Customers using only EPS eligible products and services who do not migrate from CAPS to EPS by the April 1, 2019 cutoff date and have not submitted an exception request, will be contacted by USPS for follow up and encouraged to submit a completed exception request identifying their target migration date
Mail Entry and Business Mailer Support is hosting a series of informational sessions on EPS and the migration process:
- When: Occurs every Tuesday 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
- Webex: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=mff5afd6359556285405a0a15e707d813
- Call-in toll-free number (US): 1-855-860-7461
- Conference Code: 819 297 8257
For more information:
- Visit PostalPro Enterprise Payment System Page: https://postalpro.usps.com/eps
- For more EPS benefits and how to create an EPS account review the Enterprise Payment System Account Creation Fact Sheet: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPS/MigrationFactSheet
- The updated EPS User Guide can be found on PostalPro: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPSUserGuide.
To sign-up today contact: