On January 17th, the Postal Service issued a reminder that mailers need to migrate to the new Enterprise Payment System (EPS) as the CAPS system is being retired.
Effective April 1, 2019, eligible CAPS accounts must be migrated to EPS.
The Postal Service has launched a new payment processing platform called Enterprise Payment System (EPS). EPS supports multiple payment options including mobile check deposit, offers more reporting features, and allows customers to manage multiple USPS business functions under one account.
Eligible Products and Services include First-Class Mail®, Letters, Cards, and Flats, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, USPS Marketing Mail™, Letters, Flats, and Parcels, Parcel Select®, Media Mail®, Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Periodicals, International Products, Business Reply Mail (BRM), and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM®), submitted via hard copy, eDoc (Mail.dat/Mail.XML), Postal Wizard or the Intelligent Mail® small business (IMsb) Tool, PO Box, Caller & Reserve Services (EPOBOL), and Address Quality Products (AEC, AECII and ACS™).
Products not currently supported include Electronic Verification System (eVS®), Parcel Return Service (PRS), PC Postage®, Scan Based Payment (SBP), Merchandise Return Service (MRS), Official Mail Accounting System (OMAS), Premium Forwarding Service Commercial (PFSC™), Share Mail®, and Intelligent Mail barcode Accounting (IMbA). Customers utilizing these products will continue to be supported through CAPS.
Note: Customers who have a combination of eligible and non-eligible products and services will not be required to migrate until a future date.
Mail Entry and Business Mailer Support is hosting a series of informational sessions on EPS and the migration process:
- When: Occurs every Tuesday 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
- Webex: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=mff5afd6359556285405a0a15e707d813
- Call-in toll-free number (US): 1-855-860-7461
- Conference Code: 819 297 8257
For more information:
- Visit PostalPro Enterprise Payment System Page: https://postalpro.usps.com/eps
- For more EPS benefits and how to create an EPS account review the Enterprise Payment System Account Creation Fact Sheet: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPS/MigrationFactSheet
To sign-up today contact:
- Your local Business Mail Entry Unit (BMEU): https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-bme.cfm
- PostalOne! Helpdesk
- Call: 1-800-522-9085
- Email: Postalone@usps.gov