BCC Software is growing! We are always on the lookout for motivated new talent to add to our team. As a leader in the constantly changing postal and data quality markets, we're seeking creative and flexible people that are ready to help shape the future of our industry. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
BCC Software is an established Rochester, NY based company with a track record of success. You may not have heard of us, but almost everyone involved in producing direct marketing has. We power thousands of companies outreach efforts with our hosted and installed solutions that improve nearly 40 billion of the direct communications sent in the United States each year. We’re working on our next generation of products, and we need your help. We’re looking for talented people to join our team and contribute to building our vision for the future. If you’re a talented professional looking for the freedom to solve for for the challenges of tomorrow while enjoying the security a successful 35 year old company can provide, we would love to invite you over to our office for a chat.
To submit your resume for specific position, or general consideration, please use the form below.
Manager of Industry Affairs
The Manager of Industry Affairs is responsible for providing strategic input, market influence, and thought leadership for BCC Software. Duties will include numerous internal and external leadership roles designed to retain, grow, and reinforce BCC Software’s position as an industry leader. Successful candidates will possess both technical and business skills to help bridge the gap between highly complex, technical requirements and the impact of a shifting business and industry landscape.
External Industry Influence
- Participate in the Mailers Technical Advisory Committee as either a regular guest, workgroup co-chair, or ideally as a representative of an association via appointment
- Primary liaison to USPS National Customer Support Center for matters regarding CASS, PAVE, and other certifications
- Participate in industry associations, events, customer meetings, and prospect engagements as a speaker or recognized expert in a topic related to a BCC Software solutions
- Provide a supportive role as needed with USPS Business Mail Acceptance to request DMM clarifications and Customer Support Rulings to resolve BCC Software customer problems
- Demonstrate thought leadership through blogs, articles, white-papers, and social media
Internal Thought Leadership
- Provide internal briefings and report-outs on research findings, including recommendations where indicated
- Communicate frequently with Product Management and Marketing Communications to ensure alignment and awareness of industry activities, trends, and competitive information
- Prepare internal positioning papers that speak to how market forces or USPS initiatives can be leveraged as part of an overall strategic plan for market growth and dominance
- Serve as an industry educational resource to the organization
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of USPS regulations, direct mail, and commercial print industry is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing or product management experience
- Ability to obtain, quantify, analyze and organize information from varying sources and formats
- Excellent presentation skills for communicating internally as well as at external speaking engagements
- Must be able to clearly communicate to diverse audiences in both oral and written formats
- Candidate should be able to develop working knowledge of all products within the organization
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Build and maintain effective internal and external organizational relationships
- Must be able to analyze information to determine operational and strategic relevance to BCC Software
As a member of our Agile team, the Scrum Master plays an integral role in delivering innovative and inspiring solutions for our diverse client base. This person is expected to guide and coach teams and the organization on scrum practices by leading, guiding, and supporting the scrum process. A successful Scrum Master at BCC Software is able to be a true servant leader and facilitator of team meetings, solid team decision maker, and build team maturity. This role requires demonstrated experience working with cross functional team members with a goal to protect the team from interruptions and maintain focus on defined sprint goals.
- You will bring skills and expertise on tools and techniques to help the team absorb scrum practices, principles, values and roles
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, specifically Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retro and Sprint Review/Demo sessions for the teams
- Facilitate and lead individual Scrum teams in all aspects of Scrum: daily standups, planning, self-organization, collaboration & iterative development
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and help drive them towards continuous Agile improvement by leveraging techniques such as Maturity assessments
- Collaborate with other team members to create, maintain, and promote consistent Agile practices across all teams within the organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication by providing Agile metrics and reporting, improving transparency, and radiating information through burn up and burn down charts as well as other means
- Support and educate the Product Owner, stakeholders, and product management in Agile principles and practices, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide team related feedback to management to ensure the teams are working efficiently and effectively
- 1 to 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience using Agile-tracking tools (Jira, Rally, Version One or similar tool)
- Knowledge and experience with advanced Agile techniques such as: TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or related certification strongly preferred)
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and team player
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and negotiate and work effectively with groups/team dynamic
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
Content Developer and Training Administrator
This position is responsible for developing internal/external training content and business documentation. In addition, this individual acts as the training administrator for learning management functions including technology, collateral and processes.
Training Content Development
- Researches, designs and creates training content including but not limited to, training workbooks, ELS, webinars, e-learning, and audio/video training. This also includes evaluating content, formatting, proof reading, and archiving.
- Applies principles of graphic, instructional, user-interface and information design to create appropriate, web-based interactive training materials based on the audience needs.
- Designs interactive objects that teach concepts, procedures, or applied knowledge.
- Provides content for standard and customized training services for BCC products and services to meet internal and external customer requirements via onsite or web-based delivery.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery methodology.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Maintains Technical Resource page in the Customer Portal.
- Create/maintain new hire training materials supporting the four pillars for all functional areas of BCC Software
- Work with Human Resources to develop and implement training curriculum for internal departments.
Business Content Development
- Create and maintain all business continuity plans (BCP) and supporting documentation, such as templates, polices, procedures, and training material to ensure the continuity of business.
- Work with IT/Enterprise/DMS to further develop our Disaster Recovery plan to complement our BCP.
- Work with IT/Enterprise in creating required documentation to support security related initiatives including SOC II audits and customer security assessments.
- Work with managers to create, maintain and archive BCC policies, procedures and business forms.
- Administrate all LMS and webinar support tools including but not limited to Adobe Connect, Captivate Prime, WebEx and eInspired Learning.
- Research and implement mandatory security, harassment and BCP training tools.
- Schedule training workshops and manage registrations using event management tools in Adobe Connect, follow up with customers as required.
- Work with Marketing to create training collateral for advertising.
- Ensures operation of training equipment by maintaining equipment integrity, equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and technologies.
- Performs various assignments as needed assisting management in accomplishing training objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communications or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of technical documentation experience. Experience focused on software applications and computer hardware preferred.
- General knowledge of LMS principals including administration and reporting.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Technical Communication Suite (FrameMaker, Captivate and Acrobat).
- Experience in Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery or IT security a plus.