For additional information for residents of the State of California, see “Residents of California” section below.
75 Josons Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
Information we collect
BCC Software collects Information when you register to access and/or use the Site. When you place an order, we collect Information from you that is necessary to identify you and to process and fulfill your order.
If you make a purchase on our Site, BCC Software may collect credit card information in order to process your order. BCC Software only provides credit card information to its third party payment processing company and the credit company to complete the transaction.
BCC Software's use of your personal information
BCC Software uses information collected from users in order to make the Site more useful and to respond to your queries, to inform users of new promotions, products and services offered by BCC Software, to improve our level of service, and to provide notifications regarding the Site and BCC Software's products and services.
Within BCC Software, we restrict access to your Information to those who require access in order to provide the Site, products and services to you. We also may share your Information with the following entities:
- BCC Software affiliated companies;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom BCC Software may subcontract, including Web site hosting companies, fulfillment companies, payment processing companies, and other third-party service providers; and
- Government agencies and law enforcement officials, when required to do so to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise or legal rights or defend against legal claims.
BCC Software also reserves the right to share Information with other organizations in the following situations:
- When we have your consent to do so; and
- When we need to share Information to provide any product or service you have requested.
BCC Software also may use your IP address and information about the Web pages you visit to gather broad demographic information, interests and behavior so that we may better understand our customers and Site users. This Information may be used, for example, to analyze and improve our Site design and functionality. BCC Software may share aggregated demographic, product usage, or traffic pattern information for marketing purposes with other organizations, but these statistics will not include information that identify you personally.
As BCC Software continues to develop, BCC Software might sell or buy the assets of similar companies. In such transactions, customer and user Information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that BCC Software or substantially all of its assets are acquired, such Information may be one of those transferred assets, and we reserve the right to buy or sell such assets.
When you provide Information via our Web site, we may use the Information to occasionally notify you about special BCC Software sales or services and other valuable updates to personalize your BCC Software shopping transactions. If you prefer that we not contact you in this manner, we will promptly remove you from our mailing list at your request. Please send any such request to 75 Josons Drive, Rochester, NY 14623, Attn: Marketing, Phone: 800.453.3130.
How to review and update your information
BCC Software provides methods of updating your Information and contact preferences. In some cases, these will be automated via our Site. You also may write or telephone us with changes to your information and contact preferences at 75 Josons Drive, Rochester, NY 14623, Attn: Marketing, Phone: 800.453.3130.
BCC Software uses a variety of standard protections to maintain the security of your online session and Information.
Children's privacy protection
The Site does not target children or provide products or services for use by children. BCC Software does not knowingly collect Information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may review the Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian, and you may not use any portion of the Site that would require collection of personal information from you.
Linked Internet Web sites
The Site may provide hypertext links to other Web sites that may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. BCC Software is not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected through those Web sites, and BCC Software expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use or disclosure. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of Web sites reached through the use of links from the Site.
Privacy/Protection When Ordering from Us
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following sets forth the categories of information we collect and purposes for which we may use CCPA Consumers’ personal information collected by BCC Software:
Personal Information We Collected About You
The categories of personal information we may have collected about you or your use of the Site are:
- Identifiers, such as your contact information (name, email address, postal address, phone number) or unique personal identifiers (cookies, IP address);
- Professional information (title, employer);
- Internet information (search history, browser type, operating system)
- Commercial information (services purchased)
- Geolocation information (state or city associated with a unique identifier).
Sources From Which We Collected Personal Information
The sources from which we may have collected personal information about you or your use of the Site are:
- Directly from you;
- From other sources, including BCC Software service providers;
- Through your use of the Site;
Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Collected or Disclosed the Personal Information
The business or commercial purposes, as defined under the CCPA, for which we collected or disclosed the personal information, are:
- performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- to advance the commercial or economic interests of BCC Software, such as by inducing another to purchase goods or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose and the Parties With Whom We Shared the Personal Information
We do not “sell” your personal information to third parties. We also do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for third party marketing purposes. We will share, however, any or all of the personal information collected from and about you over the past 12 months as discussed above with our data analytics providers for various business purposes.
CCPA Consumer Privacy Rights and Choices
CCPA Consumers may have certain rights in connection with the personal information we collect about you, many of which are subject to exceptions under applicable law:
Access and disclosure. You may have the right to request, up to two times during a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the preceding 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
Deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
How to exercise your access and Deletion rights. California residents may exercise their California privacy rights by submitting a request via the Get In Touch With Us Today form located at bccsoftware.com/contact/ or by sending an email to email@example.com, indicating “CCPA Rights” in the subject field of your email. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
The request must include sufficient detail so as to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity – in part by requesting certain information from you — when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. To request that we provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we have from you or to delete personal information we have collected from you, we may also need to ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
Once we have verified your identity (and, if applicable, your agent), we will respond to your request as appropriate:
- Where you have requested the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, we will provide such list in a written email to the email address you provide.
- Where you have requested specific pieces of personal information, we will provide the information you have requested, except where not permitted under applicable law or otherwise exempted by the CCPA. For instance, we may not disclose an account number, as such disclosure may create an unreasonable risk to your personal information, your account with us, or our business systems.
- Where you have requested that we delete personal information that we have collected from you, we will delete, de-identify, or aggregate, as appropriate, any information about you that is not necessary for the purposes indicated above. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
If we are unable to complete your requests fully for any of the reasons above, we will provide you additional information about the reasons that we could not comply with your request.
Nondiscrimination. If you elect to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services, provide a different price or rate for our goods or services, or provide a different level of service to you because you exercised these rights.
Authorized Agents. You may designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.