Coming up short of material for a job and really do not want re-presort your list? Well, there is a way that you can report the shortage using Mail.dat, without having to redo everything!
- Add the ‘Mail Piece Status’ field to the list layout.
- Mark the field with the appropriate information code.
- W = Wasted piece produced but was spoiled
- S = Shortage – the piece was not produced
- X = Wasted piece and postage adjustment should not be triggered
- T = Shortage pieces not produced and postage adjustment should not be triggered
Leave everything else blank.
- ‘Use’ your saved presort
- On the Mail.dat Wizard ‘Database’ page (Page 4), select ‘Piece Detail Table’.
- On the Mail.dat Wizard ‘Options’ page, select ‘Include mail piece status’ box. This populates the Wasted or Shortage Piece Indicator field (66/1) in the Mail.dat .pdr file with the values added in Step 2.
- After uploading to PostalOne! a section on the postage statement is marked for spoilage or wasted pieces.
It’s easier than you think! If you have any questions or need us to walk you through it, please call Customer Support at 1.800.624.5234.