BCC Software's suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country's biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for daily support functions, including accurately troubleshooting software and hardware issues and providing consulting to customers based on industry standards.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity and high work standards reinforcing the BCC Software “How Can I Help?” philosophy.
- Serve as the first line of contact and support for BCC’s customers in a telephone support environment.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of BCC Software’s Windows and Linux products. Attend training as required to keep current with products, technologies, and customer service-related skills.
- Assist customers with questions, problems, or technical issues with the company’s software products.
- Consult with customers regarding postal requirements and industry products.
- Troubleshoot customers’ software and hardware issues, recommend resolution strategies, ensure follow-up and optimal satisfaction with BCC’s products and services.
- Maintain documentation of all support related information in BCC’s CRM software adhering to department requirements.
- Work in a team environment and provide intra-departmental communication to complete customers’ support requests and to enhance BCC’s products and services.
- Serve as a customer advocate to manage customer retention through building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Gather information from customers to understand the needs of the customer and match those needs to a service, product or offering that adds value to the customers’ business operations.
- Provide flexibility to adequately support workload demands in order to maintain optimal customer support levels.
- Assist with adding product change requests for defects and enhancements.
- Document processes in BCC Software’s knowledgebase, as well as review and help maintain user documentation.
- Associates degree or equivalent education in a technical discipline is preferred but not required provided the candidate has demonstrated a track record of success.
- Professional or industry training in customer service (in mailing or printing industry) and telephone skills is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and internal staff in both written and verbal communication in a call center environment.
- Must maintain courteous and professional demeanor to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and can take a problem through resolution and beyond.
- Must demonstrate patience, good judgment, high energy and a general positive demeanor.
- Must be willing to work on a rotating schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM, M-F.
- Solid experience with all Windows operating systems. Some Linux and/or Unix experience and experience with Microsoft Office, database management software, networks, and various printers preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored Health Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for those that choose a High Deductible Health Plan
- Company paid Life and Accident Insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- Company paid Enhanced Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k with immediate company match
- Paid Time Off, plus Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement