BCC Software’s suite of address quality, mailing preparation, and data quality services are relied on by some of the country’s biggest direct communications companies. If you are looking for a place where your ideas are heard, and you can make an immediate impact, BCC Software is the place for you.
The Technical Support Specialist I is responsible for daily support functions, including accurately troubleshooting software and hardware issues and providing consulting to customers based on industry standards.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity and high work standards reinforcing the BCC Software mission statement “How Can I Help?”.
- Serves as the first line of contact and support for BCC Software’s customers in a telephone support environment.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of BCC Software’s Windows and Linux products. Attends training as required to keep current with products, technologies, and customer service-related skills.
- Assists customers with questions, problems, or technical issues with the company’s software products.
- Consults with customers regarding postal requirements and industry products.
- Troubleshoots customer software and hardware issues, recommends resolution strategies, ensures follow-up and optimal satisfaction with BCC Software’s products and services.
- Maintains documentation of all support related information in BCC Software’s CRM software following department requirements.
- Works in a team environment and provides intra-departmental communication to complete customers’ support requests and to enhance BCC Software’s products and services.
- Serves as a customer advocate to manage customer retention through building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Monitors and responds to User Forum Posts.
- Gathers information from customers to understand the needs of the customer and match those needs to a service, product or offering that adds value to the customers’ business operations.
- Provides flexibility to adequately support workload demands in order to maintain optimal customer support levels.
- Assists with adding product change requests for defects and enhancements.
- Documents processes in BCC Software’s Knowledge Base, as well as review and help maintain user documentation.
- Associate degree or equivalent education in a technical discipline is preferred but not required provided the candidate has demonstrated a track record of success.
- Professional or industry training in customer service (in mailing or printing industry) and telephone skills is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and internal staff in both written and verbal communication in a call center environment.
- Must maintain courteous and professional demeanor to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and have the ability to take a problem through resolution and beyond.
- Must demonstrate patience, good judgment, high energy and a general positive demeanor.
- Must be willing to work on a rotating schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, M-F.
- Solid experience with all Windows operating systems. Preferred to have some Linux and/or Unix experience and experience with Microsoft Office, database management software, networks, and various printers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, printer, etc.) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are a rotating schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM., M-F.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.