BCC Software is looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer capable of consistently solving technical challenges working in an Agile team environment. The candidate should be equally capable and willing to work on existing well-established as well as new desktop and SaaS applications offerings.
Our products must stay compliant with all USPS regulations. In addition to our regular release cycles, we release major updates twice a year that are driven by USPS price and service changes that impact our customers. These changes often require extra effort from all employees across multiple departments to implement the rapidly changing regulatory requirements, so our software is compliant.
There are over a dozen teams within our Engineering group, and each has its own identity. The candidate will be assigned to a team of 3-4 engineers including remote and offshore team members and will be capable of engaging in open and respectful communication with everyone on the team on the daily basis.
Our employees enjoy the benefit of working fully remote; however, employees who live in the Rochester, NY area have the option to work out of the BCC Headquarters office. Our company values employee engagement, and we accomplish this by encouraging employees to turn on cameras during team meetings, attend our all-company quarterly sync sessions, and collaborate in person at regional company meetings.
BCC offers flexibility and professional autonomy to improve our employees’ work-life balance. In return, our employees work hard to ensure that our customers’ needs are our highest priority.
- Develop software with all its related activities of
- estimating/sizing stories
- developing/reviewing code as well as writing unit tests
- testing your own and the work of others
- documenting and collaborating on all assigned Sprint activities
- meeting individual as well as your team’s commitments
- delivering results on a consistent basis in an Agile SCRUM environment
- As a Sr. member of the team, champion new technology, processes, and best practices
- Work closely with Product Owners on requirements review, defining acceptance criteria as well as sizing/planning of user stories/epics/projects
- Be a key contributor to your own team while also being a voice in a much larger Engineering organization capable of working on projects that span multiple teams and geographic regions
- Own problems and not tasks
- Minimum of 15 years of software development experience w/ .Net and C#
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with C++
- Hands on experience with automated unit testing and function mocking frameworks
- Solid understanding and effective skills using software engineering tools including source code control, compilers, linkers, debuggers, performance and profiling tools
- Understanding and working knowledge of database concepts (relational, document or text based) including design, scale and performance tuning
- Well versed in application security principals as well as their practical application
- Experience with CI/CD operating principals
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and systematic approach to problem solving
- Major pluses:
- Past technical/team leadership roles
- Linux environment familiarity
- Experience in working with cloud hosted (AWS/Azure) and/or hybrid solutions/applications
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
For every penny saved on postage, we may be gaining another mailing from our client.
Jill Townsend, Square One
Seen as a resource for their customers, Square One needed a solution that would allow them to provide more services quicker without increasing labor hours.
Square One started using BCC Mail Manager LE, and as they expanded, easily upgraded to BCC Mail Manager and then BCC Mail Manager Full Service—a comprehensive solution that has made a big difference for the company.
- $500,000 growth in mailing services
- 70% increase in efficiency on variable mailings
- 249% increase in efficiency for letter/envelope mailing in less than six months’ time.