Integratec API Platform
I was pleased to get my hands on Integratec as an early beta user. I have been using BCC Software technology as a critical component of my operation for 20 years. Integratec lives up to BCC Software’s reputation for flexible, high quality solutions backed by outstanding support. I’ve already seen the potential for impressive time savings in my operation and am looking forward to fully realizing all the benefits of the Integratec platform.
- Paul Naylor
CFO of Salt Lake Mailing & Printing
Creating a fully automated mailing workflow is no longer a pipe dream. Many of the largest mailers have been able to realize real cost savings and quality improvements by leveraging internal Information Technology teams and custom software applications. Thanks to IntegratecTM, optimized and automated workflows have become a reality for companies of every size.
The IntegratecTM API Platform consists of modules that comprise the important steps of mail preparation, from vital presort functions to advanced data quality. When you license the API, you will get these modules, each with its own unique set of capabilities:
- Essentials – This module serves as the foundation for Integratec, handling basic functions like import and export, data modification, and indexing.
- Presort – This module performs all presort capabilities, fulfilling USPS PAVETM Gold certification in over 100 categories.
- Reporting – This module delivers all documentation and tray/pallet labels required to finalize your presort and induct mail into the USPS mail stream.
- Address Standardization – This module standardizes and corrects address lists, leveraging Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS™) certification for data quality.
- Integrated Services – Any users of the Integratec technology platform can consume our industry leading Data Marketing Services from inside a fully integrated workflow
The API is built on a modular, scalable architecture allows software to be run on any number of machines across different environments, depending on the requirements of each customers environment. This unique setup allows mailers tofine tune performance by scaling the number of workers performing under the control of the centralized broker and distributing the load across multiple machines.
BENEFITS OF INTEGRATEC API
The API is built on a modular and scalable architecture that, depending on the customer’s need, allows software to be installed locally or distributed among any number of machines spread across a network. This unique setup allows you to increase performance by fine-tuning the number of workers available to the client API making requests.
Communication between modules is handled by a central broker, which enables a single client API to make requests of any module.
- As modules and features are added, the communication interface is maintained.
- The interface is simple to understand and easy to implement.
The broker acts as a router for requests created by the client API, and includes automatic load-balancing and fair-queuing of work. The request parameters are formatted as JSON, and validated via json-schema. For example, properties for a presort request could contain presort information such as mail class, piece type, etc.
All requests are asynchronous, with the API providing convenience methods for using it synchronously.
- Progress or status of work is pushed to the API via callbacks, but can also be pulled from the broker at request.
- Software can generate a request for work and wait for the return. (Synchronous)
- Software can generate a request for work and not wait for the return, freeing up the process while the work is processed. (Asynchronous)
Easier to use in an integration environment
The API requires only one interface method:
- API requests control all aspects of software functionality
- In some limited cases a settings file is used
- Software can function as a group of services, requiring no interactive session
- All errors are trapped in logs and replies to requests made by the API
- Once API calls are written, software is “Ready to roll”
Questions, feedback, or interest in Integratec? Contact us!
Integratec product page